BUCYRUS – The Community Foundation for Crawford County recently awarded more than $81,300 in competitive grants to local charitable organizations and municipalities.
Community grants went to the following:
- New Washington Ohio Historical Society, Inc. — $2,369 for a lift chair for stairs leading to the museum
- Bucyrus Outreach and Restoration Network – $5,139 for office repairs including painting, window and gutter replacements, wheelchair ramp resurfacing, back door replacement, and first floor A/C unit installment
- Bucyrus Public Library – $20,000 for 15 new computers servicing children and the public
- Marion-Crawford Prevention Programs – $3,000 for Junior Teen Institute conference follow-up programs in all six Crawford County schools
- Crawford County Commissioners – $10,779 to purchase iPads for the Children Services Unit of Job and Family Services
- Crawford County Arts Council – $5,066 to purchase tables and chairs, marker boards, and a hanging system for lighting and artwork display
- #Giving2sday – $35,000 to award funds participating in the Foundation’s annual fundraiser, distributed on a prorated basis
The first grant cycle deadline for 2018 is Dec. 30, 2017, with grants to be awarded in March.
Established in 1984 with the generous help of the Timken Foundation, The Community Foundation for Crawford County works to enhance the quality of life for all Crawford County residents.