Mohawk claimed the Northern 10 Athletic Conference boys golf championship for the second consecutive season on Tuesday at Valley View Golf Course.
Led by Chet Margraf’s round of 77, the Warriors finished with a combined score of 328, besting runner-up Upper Sandusky by 19 strokes. Mohawk’s winning score this season was 12 strokes better than its championship score of 340 from 2014.
Ridgedale sophomore Mitch Reasoner won the match medal after shooting 4-over par 76. He carded a birdie on the sixth hole and made par on five other holes on the front nine, but recorded a double bogey on the fourth and eighth holes and was one-over on number five. He finished at 4-over par 40 on the front nine.
Reasoner rebounded nicely on the back nine, shooting birdies on numbers 12 and 17 and making par on five other holes. He recorded bogeys on 12 and 15 to finish at even-par 36 on the final nine holes.
Margraf, who was the co-medalist along with Johnny Diehm from Seneca East at the 2014 N10 championships, finished one shot behind Reasoner in the final individual standings. His 5-over par 77 featured an eagle on the fourth hole along with birdies on eight, 10, 17 and 18. He made par on seven holes.
Despite shooting 5-over par 41 on the front nine, Margraf put together an even round of 36 on the back side to finish strong. However, a triple bogey on number nine and three double bogeys kept him just out of contention for the match medal in the end.
Tommy Martin shot 79 to lead Upper Sandusky to the second-place finish in the team standings. The Rams tallied a round of 347.
Despite Reasoner’s strong performance and Mo Britton’s score of 79, Ridgedale came in third, shooting 358. No other Rockets managed to break 95.
Carey placed fourth with a score of 359. Alex Kimmet was the Blue Devils’ top player with a round of 82.
Buckeye Central’s Tanner Zaebst shot 81 to pace the Bucks to fifth place in the team table. BC finished with a score of 364.
Seneca East placed sixth with a score of 368. Johnny Diehm finished nine shots off his medal-winning pace of 80 from 2014, shooting 89 at the 2015 tournament.
Bucyrus and Colonel Crawford tied for seventh in the team standings with each side shooting 381. Keegan Sims led the Redmen with a round of 82. Nick Gremling set the pace for the Eagles, shooting 88.
Wynford finished last in the team standings with a score of 447. Logen Sand was the Royals top player, shooting 102.
Northern 10 Athletic Conference
Boys Golf Tournament
Match Medalist: Mitch Reasoner, Ridgedale (76)
Runner-up: Chet Margraf, Mohawk (77)
1. Mohawk (328): Chet Margraf, 77; Brayden Dunlap, 79; Carson Weinandy, 84; Billy Dunlap, 88.
2. Upper Sandusky (347): Tommy Martin, 79; Zane Kitzler, 82; Robert Kinley, 93; Brett Bianchi, 93.
3. Ridgedale (358): Mitch Reasoner, 76; Mo Britton, 79; Preston Burton, 96; Hannah Ferguson, 107.
4. Carey (359): Alex Kimmet, 82; Marcus Miller, 85; Trey Bame, 93; Easton Roark, 99.
5. Buckeye Central (364): Tanner Zaebst, 81; Dillon Weithman, 92; Dalton Sheaffer, 94; Wyatt Delarber, 97.
6. Seneca East (368): Johnny Diehm, 89; Riley Kalb, 90; Alex Forehand, 92; Andy Bordner, 97.
7. (tie) Bucyrus (381): Keegan Sims, 82; Keith Smith, 95; Mason Light, 100; Braxen Spears, 104.
7. (tie) Colonel Crawford (381): Nick Gremling, 88; Isaak Sulser, 92; Austin Strouse, 99; Jake Roesch, 102.
8. Wynford (447): Logen Sand, 102; Jack Reed, 110; Kyle Koons, 116; Mitchell Zaebst, 119.
Reach Carter at 419-468-1117, ext. 2048, or on Twitter @ACGalionSports.