GALION — Avita Health System is now offering expanded access to COVID-19 testing in response to the recent surge of cases in the community. Avita has increased the days and hours of operation for hospital testing sites and is now offering free self-tests.
Avita’s COVID-19 testing sites are located in the parking lots of Ontario, Bucyrus, and Galion Hospitals. A doctor’s order is required for patients to be tested at one of these sites. COVID-19 tests can be purchased out-of-pocket without an order for $150 by calling 419-462-3437 for an appointment.
Following is the schedule for each Avita hospital location:
• Galion Hospital (West Entrance): Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Ontario Hospital (South Entrance tent): Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Bucyrus Hospital (Cardiac Rehab Entrance tent): Wednesday and Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
At the testing sites, Avita’s clinical team will conduct COVID-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) rapid testing via nasal swab through the window of the patient’s vehicle. Test results are usually available same day. In addition to the testing sites, Avita offers COVID-19 PCR rapid testing in their Walk-In Clinics in Ontario and Bellville 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Following is the location and contact information for the Ontario and Bellville clinics:
• Ontario Walk-In Clinic (2003 W. Fourth St, Ste. 130, Ontario): 567-307-7920
• Bellville Walk-In Clinic (987 St. Rt. 97 West, Bellville): 567-560-3790
Starting Friday, Sept. 3, Avita will be offering BinaxNOW™ antigen self-tests at the entrances of Ontario, Bucyrus, and Galion Hospitals. These tests are free and available 24/7. BinaxNOW tests are for use at home and provide results in just 15 minutes. Patients who receive a positive self-test are recommended to contact their primary care provider or call an Avita Walk-In Clinic for a Telehealth video appointment to find out if they qualify for monoclonal antibody infusion therapy.
Patients who need emergency medical treatment should go to the nearest emergency department. Patients who do not have a primary care provider can contact Avita’s provider referral line at 419-468-0961.
Visitor policy change
Due to the recent increase in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, Avita Health System announced new visitor restrictions, effective Wednesday, Sept. 1.
• One visitor per day will be permitted for patients in emergency, inpatient (medical/surgical & ICU), outpatient, and surgery departments.
• Two visitors per day will be permitted for maternity patients and children under the age of 18.
• One support person per patient will be permitted at Avita’s medical offices.
• Exceptions can be made for patients receiving end-of-life care, patients with disabilities, and those undergoing emergency surgeries.
• Overnight visitation is not permitted.
• Hospital visiting hours are 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
• Visitors must be asymptomatic.
In a continued effort to protect our communities, patients and visitors are still required to wear a mask in Avita facilities despite their vaccination status. Medical-grade masks are provided at the entrances of each hospital and all patients and visitors are screened for COVID-19 upon entry.
For more information, visit avitahealth.org.
Follow @GalionInquirer on Twitter. Like The Galion Inquirer on Facebook.