BUCYRUS — The Media Communications and Marketing classes from the Bucyrus Secondary School competed in the District #3 DECA Conference on Jan. 31 at Ohio Northern University. Twenty-two Bucyrus DECA members were awarded top five finishes, with 13 students qualifying for the State DECA Conference in March in Columbus.
Results were as follows:
• Bailey Pulmley (1st place) – Apparel and Accessories Marketing
• Gavin Lewis (1st place) – Business Finance
• Maggie Weir (1st place) – Human Resource Management
• Loarel Mollenkopf and Brianna Predieri (1st place) – Business Law and Ethics Team
• Brittany Purcell (1st place) – Hospitality and Tourism Professional Selling
• Earl Jefferson (2nd place) – Food Marketing
• Brooklyn Spears (2nd place) – Sports and Entertainment Marketing
• Jo Metz (2nd place) – Professional Selling
• Robert McComas (3rd place) – Quick Serve Restaurant Management
• Celina Kelley (3rd place) – Professional Selling
• Taryn Ziegler (3rd place) – Marketing Communication Series Event
• Isidora Burling (4th place) – Business Services Marketing
• Jacie Everett and Shaina Orewiler (4th place) – Hospitality and Tourism Team
• Aubrey Dye and Bryce Stewart (4th place) – Travel and Tourism Team
• Nic Horsley (5th place) – Automotive Services Marketing
• Jacob Meeks (5th place) – Restaurant and Food Service Marketing
• Aaron Stilwell (5th place) – Retail Merchandising
• Kaden Wilson and Carsen Pirnstill (5th place) – Marketing Management Team
(Students in bold were State DECA Conference qualifiers)
Marketing Education Director Ashley Severt was thrilled with the students’ results.
“I’m very proud of the effort and results from the competition,” Severt said. “Our students compete in one of the most competitive districts in the state, and I never know what to expect going in. Over the past several weeks, many students stayed after school during their free time to practice and study. It is exciting that their hard work paid off.”
For more information regarding the DECA Conference, contact Ashley Severt at (419) 562-7721 or email [email protected].