GALION — Five Galion organizations are partnering to present Galion Open Doors on Saturday, Oct. 23. Discover the community’s amazing heritage, historic buildings, and signature landmarks.
The following Galion sites will be open from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., unless otherwise noted:
• Hayden-Helfrich Annex Building – 331 East Railroad Street. The Galion History Center will open its annex building which houses large artifact displays focusing on Galion’s industrial heritage.
• Galion Big Four Depot – 127 North Washington Street. Learn about Galion’s railroad heritage. Friends of the Big Four will offer guided building tours of the Depot.
• The Gill House – 342 Harding Way West. Preserving Galion will host tours of the landmark house designed by noted architect Louis Kamper. See their restoration progress and enjoy rare archive photo collections of the Gill and Freese families.
• Galion Community Theatre – 137 Harding Way West. Visit the theatre for an inside look at what goes into a stage production and find out about upcoming events.
• Galion Public Library – 123 North Market Street. Opens at 10:30 a.m. See an original Carnegie library. Also be sure to stop by at 1 p.m. for pumpkin carving.
Admission to each site is donation only. Visitors who tour all five sites on this date will be entered into a raffle drawing.
Also, an outdoor tour will be offered at 1 p.m. for those interested in Greensburg, a town platted here before Galion. Meet at the Gill House.
Follow @GalionInquirer on Twitter. Like The Galion Inquirer on Facebook.