GALION — Connections Weekend 2021 is scheduled for Oct. 14-16 with a full slate of activities planned for the weekend.
The centerpiece of the weekend is the Alumni Hall of Fame induction ceremony, which is set for Saturday, Oct. 16 at the Galion Middle School Cafe. The ceremony begins at 6:30 p.m.
Following is the list of the 2021 class of Hall of Fame inductees:
• Gene Bosler — Galion High School Class of 1961
• Martha Belle Boyd (posthumously) — Galion High School Class of 1916
• Lupe Campo — Galion High School Class of 1973
• Mary Court — Galion High School Class of 1961
• Chet Foraker — Galion High School Class of 1954
• Debra A. Garverick Esq. — Galion High School Class of 1976
• Max Ness — Galion High School Class of 1961
Tickets for the evening are $35 and can be ordered by completing and mailing in a dinner order form, or by calling 419-468-3432 and making a reservation . All reservations and completed dinner forms should be mailed to Galion Board of Education, 470 Portland Way North, Galion, OH 44833 by Wednesday, Oct. 6. Checks can be made payable to the Galion Community Foundation prior to, or the evening of, the dinner.
The dinner for the evening will be catered by Avita Health System and served by Galion Middle School students. This year’s menu offers a choice of either Chicken or Beef dinners. Guests requiring special meal arrangements should make their needs known when reserving tickets for the evening’s festivities.
Please contact Sandy Powell via email at [email protected] with questions about the dinner or induction ceremony.
“Connections Weekend is a celebration of Galion, a learning experience for Galion students, and a way to meet and reconnect with friends and family in Galion,” Superintendent Jennifer Allerding said. “The Galion City Schools, the Galion Alumni Association, the Galion Community Education Foundation, the Galion Tiger Alumni Band, and the Galion Community Foundation have joined together for Connections Weekend. This year’s Connections Weekend promises to be even more exciting than previous ones, with many featured events.”
Following is the lineup of events for Connections Weekend 2021:
Thursday, Oct. 14
• Old Fashioned Pep Rally — 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at practice football field — bonfire & GHS and
Friday, Oct. 15
• Career Day — 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Galion Middle School — Returning alumni share their success stories
• Homecoming Football Game — Galion vs. Lima Central Catholic — 7:00 p.m. at Unckrich Stadium
Saturday, Oct. 16
• Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast — 8:00 to 10:30 a.m. at Galion Intermediate School
• Connections 5K Run/1 Mile Walk — 8:30 to 10:00 a.m.at Galion Middle School
• Alumni Hall of Fame Induction Dinner — 6:30 p.m. at Galion Middle School Cafe
For information, go to the Galion City Schools website www.galionschools.org.
Follow @GalionInquirer on Twitter. Like The Galion Inquirer on Facebook.