TEA PARTY GROUP SETS MEETING – The next Mansfield North Central Ohio Tea Party Association meeting will be held 7-9 p.m. June 8 at Wyandotte Senior Center, 1164 Wyandotte Ave., Mansfield, Molly Mottram, central Ohio regional field director for Americans for Prosperity (AFP) will speak.
CLEVELAND ZOO OFFERS DADS FREE ADMISSION – Instead of buying dad a last minute gift, plan a day of fun and make memories that will last a lifetime! Head outside for a hike in the park, hit the links at one of Cleveland Metroparks eight golf courses, or head to Cleveland Metroparks Zoo for a wild day of fun.
All dads will receive free admission to Cleveland Metroparks Zoo on Father’s Day. Stop by the Australian Adventure area of the Zoo for a camel ride ($5 ride and $5 photos), or hop aboard the Boomerang Line for a train ride through the Outback at $2 per person! Memorial Day through Labor Day weekend on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays, the Zoo and The RainForest stay open until 7 p.m.
OVER $32,000 INVESTED IN CENTRAL OHIO BY REALTORS – Over 470 local REALTORS®, family and friends cleaned, painted, pruned and planted this past Wednesday as part of the Columbus REALTORS®’ 11th annual REALTOR® Care Day, helping improve many homes and organizations all over central Ohio!
Started in 2005, REALTOR® Care Day is an annual day of service to the communities in which REALTORS® live, work and raise families. In the last eleven years, REALTOR® Care Day has contributed over $330,000 in improvements and repairs and hundreds of hours of service to residents and communities around central Ohio.
“REALTORS® regularly volunteer their time and talent throughout the year,” said Kathy Shiflet, 2015 president of the Columbus REALTORS®. “But it’s pretty impressive to see how much can be accomplished in one day when we work collectively.”
For the main project this year, led by co-chairs Andy Mills, Teddy Griffin and Melissa Friermood, 116 volunteers worked on beautification projects on W. Broad Street in Franklinton. They focused on a very large flower bed at Souder and Broad, landscaping in front of 750 W. Broad, parking lot improvements at Graham Ford, the Franklinton Sign, fixing the Lucas Sullivant Monument and landscaping at the Florentine. They also painted and planted pallet gardens that will be hung later in the neighborhood.
“We were fortunate to have some truly motivated volunteers,” said Mills, co-chair of the Columbus REALTORS® 2014 REALTOR® Care Day Committee. “We hope that residents and those who commute via W. Broad will be cheered by the improvements made.”
In addition to the main project, 21 area realty associations participated in REALTOR® Care Day attacking over 20 other projects in Delaware, Fairfield, Franklin, Licking and Pickaway counties.
Over $32,650 was invested to accomplish the 29 projects which included:
• Franklinton – several projects on W. Broad (main project)
• Clintonville – yard work and painting for an elderly Clintonville resident on Stanton Rd.
• Canal Winchester – working with local fire department to install smoke detectors in homes
• Delaware – Painting/landscaping at the Second Ward Community Center; and People in Need of Delaware County (food bank)
• Dublin – preparing food orders for the Dublin Food Pantry
• Franklinton gardens – planting/weeding/harvesting
• Gahanna – extensive repairs for a resident on Debra Lane
• Grove City – landscaping/cleanup at the Kingston Ave. Administrative Building
• Hilliard – Hilliard Senior Center
• Lancaster – cleaning out the future site of the city’s indoor farmers market
• New Albany Gardens & Care Center
• Pickaway County – Marvin Webster Memorial Park in South Bloomfield
• Pataskala – extensive exterior improvements for a resident on Zellers Lane
• Pickerington – Echo Manor
• Upper Arlington – yardwork and painting for a retired teacher on Glenn Ave.
• Westerville – landscaping and planting vegetables for residents of Friendship Village
• Bexley – litter abatement
• Columbus – Ronald McDonald House, and Heinzerling Foundation
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU