The Galion-Crestline Area Chamber of Commerce had a busy year in 2015.
The Chamber added 22 members, while maintaing a more than 90 percent member retention rate. The private, nonprofit business association performed 11 ribbon-cutting ceremonies.
The Chamber reported saving members nearly $700,000 through its affinity programs such as its electric and natural gas program with Alternative Energy Source; workers compensation discounts through CareWork Consultant’s Inc.; and its healthcare program with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
Other activites the Chamber was involved in last year include:
- Chamber Advisory Group’s weekly meetings with the Mayor
- Heavily involved with the Crawford County Partnership for Education & Economic Development and Crawford 20/20 Vision
- Worked with area chambers to create chamber CEO consortium group to meet quarterly
- Advocacy Division was active with several local issues
- Assisted several new businesses start-up
- Made several site visits with developers and property owners
- Involved with and supported effort of Workforce Investment Board
- Relocated office to 138 Harding Way W.
- Sponsored Galion Safety Council
The Chamber will have two back-to-back ribbon-cutting ceremonies. The first one is at the Candi Bar, 125 Harding Way E., at 9 a.m. Thursday. The ribbon-cutting for H&K Watkins, 115 Harding Way W., will take place immediately afterwards.
Reach Klein at 419-468-1117, ext. 2048 or on Twitter at @brandoneklein.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU