GALION — The city was just made aware of a scholarship opportunity for college juniors and seniors interested in a public service career. Application info is below if you would like to run anything. Full program details at: https://www.occd.org/occdf-public-service-scholarship
The Ohio Conference of Community Development Foundation has a scholarship available to college juniors and seniors interested in a career in public service. The OCCD promotes the future of community and economic development through academic scholarships to students and young professionals who: are pursuing degrees in related fields; advocate for research to improve and strengthen the lives and futures of Ohio citizens within their communities; and develop and offer educational opportunities to further member’s knowledge of issues and practices in the community and economic development field.
The scholarship application deadline is April 15 by 5 p.m. A maximum of $1,000 will be paid directly to the awardee’s university. The student will also receive a one-year membership to OCCD.
Eligibility Criteria include:
- Applicant must be a resident of Ohio.
- Applicant must attend an accredited university in Ohio AND either be a third- or fourth-year undergraduate student enrolled full-time in Fall 2017, or enrolled in a graduate program part-time or full-time in Fall 2017.
- Must be enrolled in a field of study that prepares students for a career in public service, including public administration, planning, public finance or related field.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing.
- Application must contain a one-page essay addressing why student wants to enter public service, and two letters of recommendation (one from a professor and one from a community member. Applications should be sent electronically to Tom Kroma, President, OCCD Foundation at email@example.com, or by mail to: Tom Kroma, P. O. Box 776, Urbana, Ohio 43078.