BUTLER — A number of people were treated for THC-induced overdoses at Ohio Dreams in Butler today after concert attendees ingested a candy laced with the psychoactive.
Richland County Sheriff’s Maj. Joe Masi told reporters none of the 20 or more affected people died. They were at the venue for a weekend music festival.
Masi said the concert-goers were given packets of tainted candy between 10 and 11 a.m.
“There were about 20 pieces in each one,” Masi told reporters. “Each had a very, very high dose of THC. We have not seen this stuff in our area before.”
“(Crime lab director) Tony Tambasco said he has not seen such a high concentration of THC in his lab,” Masi said.
THC is the chemically active ingrident found in marijuana.
Reach us at email@example.com
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU